Frustrated that you cannot find Dropbox on the Amazon store ? No worries, getting Dropbox on your Kindle is pretty straightforward and works like a charm. To do this all you need to do is set up your Kindle to accept installation of apps from unknown sources and then download the dropbox.apk file from the secure (https) dropbox.com website.
Here are the detailed instructions:
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the Kindle screen
- On the Settings window click the "More +" button then select the "Device" option.
- Turn on ‘Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources’.
- Close the Settings window.
- Open the web browser, go to https://www.dropbox.com/android, click Download App. This will download the Dropbox .apk file
- When the download is finished, open the notification in the top left corner and select the file.
- You will be prompted to install the application. Click the button.
- Once installation is completed, start the Dropbox application and log in.
Now you can access all your Dropbox files on your Kindle. While you can transfer files using a cable, I find this to be another convenient way of sharing files - especially when deploying native apps to the device.